Joe Biden is being sworn in as our next President at noon.
Once that happens, he’s expected to issue 17 executive actions on border, climate, immigration, and a 100-day masking challenge.
- Biden will launch a “100-day Masking Challenge” asking Americans to wear masks for 100 days. It will require masking and distancing in federal buildings, and on federal lands. It urges states and local governments to do the same.
- Biden will stop the U.S. withdrawal from WHO, and will name Dr. Anthony Fauci the head of the WHO delegation.
- Biden will create a position of COVID Response Coordinator.
- Biden will extend existing nationwide moratorium on evictions and foreclosures until March 31, 2021.
- Biden will extend the existing pause on student loan payments and interest for Americans with federal loans until September 30,
- Biden will rejoin the Paris climate accord
- Biden will cancel the Keystone XL pipeline, and direct agencies to review and reverse President Trump’s 100+ policies on the environment.
- Biden will rescind President’s Trump’s 1776 Commission, and direct agencies to review actions to ensure racial equity.
- Prevents workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity
- Requires non-citizens to be included in the Census and apportionment of congressional representatives.
- Biden will fortify DACA
- Biden will reverse restrictions on US entry for passport holders from seven Muslim-majority countries.
- Biden will undo the expansion of immigration enforcement in the U.S.
- Biden will halt the construction of the border wall, and cut the national emergency declaration used to fund it.
- Biden will extend deferrals of deportation of work authorizations for Liberians with a safe haven in the U.S. until June 30, 2022
- Biden will require executive branch appointees to sign an ethics pledge that will bar them from acting in personal interest and requiring them to uphold the independence of the Department of Justice.
- Biden will direct OMB director to develop recommendations to modernize regulatory review, and undo President Trump’s regulatory approval process.